September 2, 2015

Let's Get Started

It's hard to believe the summer has ended and a new school year has begun.  Today was a soft start to the new school year as I did not teach technology.  It was great having the time to get to know the students on our team.  So I had 100 introductions; just 200 left to go in the next couple of days!
Starting the school year with a "two-day" week is a bit unusual.  I have decided to start the year off with a challenge.  Each of my students will find a piece of line on their workstation.  I will give students 20 minutes to try and learn how to tie a bowline knot using one of the resources below.
If you already know how to tie this useful knot, please find another "knew knot" to tie.  You may be wondering why on earth you are tying a knot in tech class......I guess you will have to stay tuned to find out!!!

Welcome Back!!!!

image link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged!