January 8, 2012

First Week of Blogging

This has been an incredible week!  My students are up and blogging!!  It has been very exciting to watch them get their posts uploaded.  So many students added "Cluster Maps" to their blogs and have discovered they have visitors from different parts of the country.  I cannot wait to see the second blog posts my students create for themselves.  I have read posts from other teachers who have shared their experiences about their students' blogging, but it is very different when you experience it for yourself.  I know it won't be the "thing" for all of my students, but I do feel as though blogging will be a very positive experience for most of them.  The next aspect will be comments.  I hope my students will receive positive and encouraging comments on their blogs.  Donald Latumahina posted about this very thing in his blog, "Life Optimizer."  How to Handle Negative Feedback in 6 Simple Steps gives some insight in regard to the topic of negative feedback.  I would recommend taking a look as he has some great advice.  Hopefully none of my students will have to deal with negative feedback right off the bat, but if they do I feel this post will help them.   Creating a second post will be exciting.  Cool Cat Teacher Blog posted, "Ten Habits of Bloggers That Win!"  There are some great tips on this post.  Check it out!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mrs White,

    As your students are learning to blog so are you. I have see you all in action and know you are off to a great start. Writing and communication are very important skills along with giving positive and negative feedback. It is all part of being a life long learner.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and encouraged!