September 2, 2012

Passion....



Welcome Back!  I know you have so many things on your mind today, and I hope one of them is wondering what we will be doing in technology this year.  We will start our class off by watching “A Day Made of Glass.”  This will give you a peek in to what the near future holds for us.  It is pretty cool stuff!  I will share the basic outline for our course and then ask you to switch gears.  I am going to ask you to think about your “passions.”  “What does passion have to do with technology?” you ask.  If you had asked Steve Jobs this question, I am sure his answer would have been lengthy.  Passion and learning are definitely connected.  If you are passionate about a topic, you are more enthusiastic in regard to learning more about it.  We will take a look at the clip, “TheAuthentic Swing” from the movie Bagger Vance.  You may not have seen this movie, but I think you will recognize the actor. You will then be given a note card and asked to list at least 3 of your passions.  Remember, these do not have to be school related, but do have to be school appropriate.  You will finish class by creating a word cloud  with your personal definition of passion, the things which you are passionate about, and your name.  Please use this google doc, Passion Assignment, to prepare the text for your WORDLE.  These WORDLES will be hung around the classroom.  I plan on using your passions when designing my lessons for the year.  You will be using your passions when we start blogging.  I want you to be passionate about what we are doing in class this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged!