October 17, 2013

Friday Classes

Hi my friends!  I will not be in my lab today, but know you will be in very capable hands. It will almost be as if I am there.  Everything you need to know is in this post.  Today you will be creating your "paper" blog post.  **Remember-you are in the shallow end of the pool my little tadpoles.  Next to each of your workstations you will find a lovely yellow folder.  This is the new home for your resources.  PLEASE BE SURE TO LEAVE THIS FOLDER AND ITS CONTENTS NEXT TO YOUR WORKSTATION AT THE END OF CLASS.  DO NOT TAKE IT WITH YOU!!!!  Please find the packet,"Creating Your First Blog Post."  This packet is filled with tips and helpful information.  Please read it carefully.  You will want to pay careful attention to page three.  If you answer questions 1-4 on this page you will automatically create your first blog post.  This post is so important as you are introducing yourselves to your potential readers.  You want to get them hooked so they will keep coming back for more!!   Try to write using complex and creative sentences.  Avoid, "I am Fred.  I like elephants."  This gets boring and your readers will lose interest.  I will have a sample post on the white board for you to check out.  You will be creating this post in your Google Drive.  Follow the same procedure of moving the doc in to your ILT folder that we used during class #1 with your "About Me."
Just a note:  Google was acting a little bit quirky yesterday.  If you are having trouble with it, please log out of Google.  Go to your Open Office folder on your desktops and create this post using Open Office.  Save the document to your pdrive.  Make sure to name the document.  Good luck.
Have fun and be creative.  I cannot wait to watch your go from tadpoles to sharks!!!
See you next week!

Special Notes for Sections:

ILT #2, you have a special lesson today.  You will start class by taking the Blog Interest Survey I have created.  Click the link above and take your time.  When you have finished, please be sure to click the "submit" tab.  You will then be given a form to fill out.  Once you get your work done you know what time it is!!!   See you Monday.

ILT #10 and ILT #11:
I know we had discussed getting your assessment feedback from the substitute today, but when I thought more about it, I decided it wasn't the best plan.  I would like to be able to be there to explain my feedback and be sure everyone understands my comments and your grades.  So I am going to ask you to hang in there for a couple more days.  You will receive your feedback during class #1 next week.  Thanks for understanding!  Have a great weekend!
               Mrs. White:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged!