October 5, 2013

Finding Out What You Know

This week students in my classes will be taking their first assessment.  This is an opportunity to show me what you have learned so far this year.  We have spent time preparing for this assessment, and I think you will all be surprised at how well you will do.  You are really a very bright bunch of young men and women!!  Assessment #1 was created using a Google form.  It will only be available, accepting responses, during school hours.  Students will not be able to view or take this assessment from home.

I will not be in the lab for my students two days this week as I will be in "school" myself.  Mr. Frazier will be in the lab in my absence.  Please do a great job for him.  I have gone over my expectations with some of you, and know those of you whom I did not speak with will do an awesome job and make me proud.  

Please start off class by taking the assessment.  There is a link to the survey part of the assessment in the first paragraph of this post.  You will also be given a printed copy of an email to correct.  There are five errors on this email.  Please circle, and then correct each of these mistakes. The directions are written on top of the email.  Please be sure to read them carefully.

Once you have completed your assessment, you will begin working on a presentation.  You will create a presentation using either Glogster EDU or Google Presentation.  If you choose to use GlogsterEDU you can find some video tutorials at the bottom of the home page.  Please remember there is NO punctuation (no underscore) in your Glogster username (nickname).  Your password is the same as all of your other passwords.  If you are using Google Presentation don't forget to name or title your presentation before you begin.  There is a "help" tab for you to use to try to answer questions you may have.  In the help tab you will find this "Overview of Google Slides."  

What exactly is the presentation to be about?  You were given a copy of the Barnstable Public Schools Blogging and Commenting Guidelines last week.  We reviewed and discussed the Blogging Guidelines. You will create your presentation about these Blogging Guidelines.  Please do NOT simply retype the guidelines on to slides or in text boxes.  You will need to add extra information to explain each of these guidelines.  This extra information should be written in your own words.  This presentation will show me your level of understanding in regard to our Blogging Guidelines.  This will help me design my lessons over the next couple of weeks.  If you use any images from the Internet be sure to copy the URL of that image and paste it on the slide or in a text box with the image.  There is more information about using and saving images in the resource below.

I have created a more detailed resource for this project.  Please check it out!
Please try to make your presentation fun and interesting!!  I want to be able to create a space where these presentations will "live" so students can use them as resources this year and in future years. 
Have fun!  I cannot wait to check out your work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged!