September 2, 2014

Here We Go......

Today was our first day of school, but I did not get to see my classes.  Instead we were given the time to get to know the students on our "Connecting" team.  I really appreciated having the whole day to spend with these students.  We have some amazing students attending BIS this year!!

Tomorrow, Wednesday, I will begin meeting and "teaching" my classes.  I am so excited for this year.  We will be having a totally different approach to learning in Room 231 this year.  I have taken my inspiration from so many places; my students, bloggers, tweets, books, classes, conferences, Suggestions from my students being implemented include students working in groups or with partners some times, changing seats, and resources displayed on both front and back boards to name a few.  In addition I will be sharing the map for our entire school year with my students.  Of course, this is just a draft and my students will help me make the adjustments as we chart our course together.

First order of business is to discuss "passion."  What does it mean and what are the passions of my students?  You will be completing the Passion Assignment and then be using Wordle, WordItOut, and Tagxedo to create word clouds displaying their passions.  You will be printing out your word clouds and hanging them on the walls of the lab to continue inspiring us throughout the school year.

That's all for now (another piece of feedback suggested I make my posts shorter).  I can't wait to meet you all!!!

image link



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged!