September 22, 2014

Managing Your Digital Life

Summer is quickly coming to a close and Fall is arriving bringing warmer weather than we've had in a while.  I am noticing the change of color in leaves and other subtle signs.  I guess we are in for a true "Indian Summer" here on Cape Cod.  I hope my students were all able to take advantage of some of the great weather this weekend.  Many are involved in football, hockey, cheering, gymnastics, and other activities I haven't discovered yet.  Hopefully they found some time to relax and enjoy "unstructured time."  I updated my Apple devices to iOS 8 have you?  What do you think?
This week we will finish working on organizing and managing our digital lives.  We have been immersing ourselves in Google so I thought it might be interesting to take a peek in to the work atmosphere there.  We will start our first class viewing, "Inside Google Offices."  Do you think you'd like to work for Google?  We will check out some other interesting work places throughout the year.
Students will need to complete creating contacts in their Gmail address books, then create and share folders with each of their teachers; "digital in boxes."   You will need the Grade 7 Teacher Email/Google Share Resource to complete these tasks.  Once these tasks have been completed, creating events in Google calendar is next on the agenda.  Please use the Google Calendar Events doc to complete this task.
If you have completed all of the above items, I would love some help mounting and hanging up our "passion" word clouds.
Have a super start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged!