April 27, 2015

Let's Wrap This Up and Move Forward

Welcome back!  I hope you had a great vacation.  The Boston Marathon was very exciting.  Unfortunately no Americans took first place, but all of the athletes did a great job.  I had a "staycation" and got a lot of yard work done.  I also did a lot of planning for the rest of the school year, but don't want to solidify those plans until I get some feedback from all of you.

So what does this week bring for my technology students?....Feedback and assessment are on the docket.  Do you remember the 21st Century Skills Assessment you took before break?  Well, we found out we need to have students take both parts before we can receive any data.  So....you will be taking part two during class one.  Please go to Learning.com and using the log in information I have left at your workstations.  Again, I will be asking you to do your best and remind you of the importance of this data.  You will not be seeing this score, but your work does make a difference.  Catching up and getting this assessment done will most likely take most of Class one.

During class you will be giving me more feedback.  Due to our crazy winter, the schedule of our Genius Hour Project has gone out the window.  So I have created a survey to get some information from you to help plan the rest of our school year.  Please take your time with this.  You can find this survey as an assignment in Google Classroom.  Please be sure to submit the survey/assignment.

Once you have completed this survey, I am giving you the rest of this class to get yourself caught up and organized.  Please use the May Clean Up/Catch Up Checklist to accomplish this task.  Mid term report cards will be going home soon and I need to get grades in to X2.  Any work not completed and turned in by the end of this week will be a "0" and there will be no opportunity for make ups; this is your make up opportunity so take full advantage!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged!