May 17, 2015

One More PARCC Week and We're Done......Hooray!

I don't know who will be more excited when PARCC testing has come to an end; students or teachers?!!!  I can't wait to have our regular schedule back....oh wait!  Memorial Day Weekend is next week which means only a four day week.  UGH!!!  Are we ever going to have a "normal" school week?!!  Oh well, let's make the best of it and do some cool stuff in the time we do have.
This week you will be showing me what you know in regard to commenting.  You will be taking you Commenting Assessment (most of you) during our second tech class this week.  I hope you have been reviewing your study guide and the BPS Guidelines.  If you have been, this assessment will be a piece of cake!
Well, what about our first class this week?  What will we be doing you ask?  We will be taking a look at digital storytelling.  When I looked at the responses from the Genius Hour Project Survey I was surprised to see so many students sharing the desire to continue working on their projects.  I also respect the number of you, almost equal, who do not want to continue with this project.  Our crazy schedule and loss of so many days derailed many of you and caused a loss of enthusiasm.  So I have come up with a compromise of sorts.  I will be introducing the concept of digital storytelling to all students.  After our introductory lessons you will have the choice of creating your own digital story or continuing with your Genius Hour Project.  I would like all of my students to be familiar with this form of media, but respect those of you who want to complete what you've started.
So here we go....digital storytelling.  I have an example of a digital story for you to watch.  I'm afraid my projector bulb has still not been replaced, so you will have to watch this individually at your workstations.  Please check out this digital story.  We will talk about the elements or parts of this story once you have finished. Please check out a post from my archive in which I talk about this digital story: Caught in the Crowd.

image link


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged!