October 31, 2012

Back to the 21st Century

I hope you all were safe during the storm.  It was eye-opening to realize how much we depend on our technology.  My daughter and her friends compared themselves to the characters in "Little House on the Prairie."  I don't think those girls had iPhones!!  We were very fortunate on the Cape compared to people in NYC, the Jersey Shore, and parts of Connecticut.  Mother Nature most definitely reminded us how powerful she is.
We are back at school for a shortened week.  During our one class, we will label a diagram of a WIKI and discuss its features.  Students will also combine WIKI and Blog explanations on one Google doc and rename it accordingly.  This doc will be helpful in knowing whether or not students are ready for an assessment.
It feels good to have technology at my fingertips again, but I will admit I enjoyed the peaceful and relaxing atmosphere as I sat and read a book by candlelight. 

**For those few students who will be working on Blogging Guidelines this week, please use Zoe's Blog to evaluate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged!