January 21, 2013

Gone Google


It seems as though Google has always been around, but this is far from the truth.  So when did Google hit the scene?  Google is only about 14 years young.  So when did Google go from noun to verb?   I don’t have an answer for that I’m afraid.   I don’t know when Google went from being a “place” to being something we all “do!”  It is so hard to imagine our lives without it.  If you are really curious, you can check out the History of Google.   I know all of my students can use Google, but I want them to get the best of Google.  There are many tips and tricks for improving your searches.  I have created a doc with a couple of resources.  I hope you find Google Search Tips and Tricks useful.  Being a Google School has changed the way my students and our teachers work.  It has been hard to break the old habit of opening a word doc every time I want to work on something, but I am glad to say I am over the hump.  Now when I have work or drafts to create,  it’s Google docs to the rescue.  

http://easilymused.com/2012/03/google-search-results-too-good-to-be-true-heres-why/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged!