May 5, 2013

Time To "Shop!"

This week you will be finding, saving, and citing the images for your digital stories.  At this point in the school year I feel as though you have enough confidence and experience to find and use resources to help you with this task.  Therefore, I will not be leading you step by step through this process.  I will point you in the direction and be available to help you problem solve and to encourage your critical thinking, but I will not be handing you a resource with all of the answers laid out.  Please check out my recommendations below and remember I am here to help; just not to tell exactly.

Before you get started on your image hunt, I want you to take a look at a couple of videos.  The first is called, "Anti Bullying Ad", and the second is called, "Talent Show."  Do you think these are PSA (public service announcements) or digital stories?  We will talk about this at the beginning of class one this week.

I would recommend using Picasa to organize your images.  You should probably start off by creating a new web album and labeling it "Digital Story."  If you need some help just check out the help guide.  You will also want to create a Google doc and label it "Citations for Digital Story."  Be sure to use the "Tips and Tricks" for searching in Google. You want to find "Creative Commons" images to use in your story.  You have your storyboard to use as a "shopping list" to help you find your images, "ingredients."  Have fun shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged!