May 11, 2014

Attention All Students.....Important Grade Information

This is an important post for all of my students.  I have posted your grades in X2 and your midterm progress reports will be going home with you on Friday.  I have spent the past two weeks reviewing timelines, blogs, and other work.  Many of my students did a great job on their timeline projects; however, many of my students did not meet my expectations.  You were given three weeks to work on this project and you created the rubric.  You were asked to assess your own work and told I would not be "grading" these projects right away so you would have time to continue working on them.  Most of you did not take advantage of this and did not do any more work on your timelines.  Over 80% of you did not include the most important date, March 4th (the day all grade 7 students received iPads), on your timelines. Many of you did not check to see if the link you shared with me on the Google form was correct and when I tried to look at your project was taken to a log in or an error page; not your project!  It is your responsibility to check your links!  Many of you will see "INC" for your timeline grade.  This "INC" will become a "0" on May 23rd if you have not submitted an improved project.
Please do not be misled by your current grade.  The "INC" does not get averaged in with your other content grades.  You may have what "seems" to be a great grade right now.  Please be forewarned that great grade will plummet when the INC becomes a 0.  For example, if you received a "95" and an "INC" on your progress report and do not re-submit an improved project or turn in a missing project, that "95" will become a "63" on May 23rd.

Please be sure to follow the directions below if you would like to re-submit your timeline project.

If you would like to improve your grade on your Timeline project or received an "INC" and need to receive a grade other than a "0" you will need to complete and submit the "Re-submission and Retake Form for Midterm Progress Grades."  In addition you will need to give me back your original rubric; the one I returned with your original feedback.  I WILL NOT look at a project if I don't have your originally graded rubric.  If you have any questions, please be sure to ask me this week.  Do not wait until the last day of the deadline!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged!