May 11, 2014

Finishing Up Those Podcasts

This week you will finish editing your podcasts and share them with me.  If you remember our conversation from last week, I will not be requiring you to post your podcast on your blog.  I respect that many of you were uncomfortable doing this. Instead, you will need to share your podcast with me by putting it in a folder I have shared with you.  Use this document, "How to Share Your Podcast." I have also put directions for this procedure in the yellow "Workstation Resources" folders.  I will help you with this process if you need it, so please be sure to ask.  **Please be sure to review the Podcast Rubric before sharing your project.

This week you will be asked to review the Blog Design Rubric you were given mid way through the year. As we discussed, this will be your last "big" content grade of the year.  It is basically your "final" as we have been working on blogging for most of the year.  I am sure it has been a while since you have taken a look at this rubric.  You may have time during your second class to start getting your blog assessment ready.  Please be sure to go through each criteria of the rubric carefully.  I have noticed many of my students' blogs need some work to do well when measured against the rubric. In addition, I will be creating a checklist to help you with specifics.  I hope to have it ready for you next week.  If you need help please be sure to check out the "Blogging Resources" page on this blog.

During class two this week you will be completing the "Social Media Survey," and getting ready to for some work on a social media activity I have created for you. We will be using the data from the survey for discussions in future classes.  It is anonymous.  Please read it carefully and take it independently.  Do not speak with your classmates while completing it. Be sure to submit it when you are done.
Once you have finished the survey you will need to get ready for a Social Media activity we will be working on next week. You will need to download a book in iBooks for this activity.  It is going to take at least the whole class to download the iBook.   I am having you do this today so your are all set next week.  Please follow these directions, Downloading iBook for Social Media Activity, carefully.
Once you have started the download of the iBook you will need to work on the agenda items on the board.
You will need to finish editing your podcast.  Please be sure to check the Podcast Rubric when you think you are finished with it.  Then you will need to share your podcast with me.  Both the rubric and instructions for sharing the podcast are located on top of your Workstation Resource folder.
If you should finish with these two items before the end of class you should start working on getting your blogs ready to be assessed.  Everyone has work to do on his/her blog.  No one should be playing games, watching videos, or listening to music.  The only exception would be if you are looking for some help on your blog.  Instructional/informational videos are permitted and encouraged.  You may also create and publish a   new blog post.  I am expecting at least four new posts before the end of the school year!

**I will not be in school on Thursday.  Mr.Carme will be in our lab and I expect my students to do a good job.  

Please be aware our sixth graders will be taking their Math MCAS on Wednesday and Thursday of this week.  Be sure to keep our hallways quiet; giving them a great testing atmosphere.  If you should ride in with a 6th grader on the bus be sure to give them a smile and wish them luck.  You could make a difference in someone's day!!!
  Have a super week!!

2 comments:

Comments are welcomed and encouraged!