June 10, 2014

iPad Feedback

The time has come for your voices to be heard.  About 3 months ago history was made in our building and you all were a tremendous part of it.  Although you have only had iPads in a 1:1 model for a short period of time, I am sure you have a lot to share.  We want to hear everything you have to say, the positive and the negative.  After all this is the first time we have ever done anything like this and we expect to have made some mistakes. I am sure you all are ready to let us know what some of them were.  Please be sure to have have some type of balance in your responses and let us know about the good stuff as well.   You will start off by giving feedback in the form of a survey.  Please take your time with the Grade 7 Student iPad Survey.  Some of the questions will require you to type responses.  Please do the best you can with spelling.  Once you have finished answering the questions please be sure to submit the survey.

The survey is only one part of your feedback.  You are now going to have the opportunity to craft your own feedback, and get another blog post published.  I would like you to think about experiences using your iPad for the past three months.  Please create and then publish a blog post about these experiences.  Please put this post on your "Technology in School" page.  Think about some of the questions from the survey you just took.  These questions may be able to help you craft your post.  I cannot tell you how important and even critical your feedback is to the success of this program.  I guarantee we will use your feedback from both the survey and what you share in your blog posts to make changes and improvements next year.  Please don't hold back in what you are sharing.  We want to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly.  I would only ask you share your feedback in a mature and responsible manner.  I would recommend using subjects instead of teacher names when you are sharing your experiences.  Please use the resource I have prepared to help you be successful today; iPad Feedback Resource.

I would like to take a moment to thank all of you.  Getting the iPads was really the easy part.  You all did the hard work.  You made the mistakes, learned from them, and showed us how you could really soar as learners.  I could not be more proud of you and cannot thank you enough for all you have taught me!!  I have truly been learning alongside my students this year more than ever before!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged!