January 25, 2015

Ready or not?!!!...Here comes Juno!!

As I sit in my warm and cozy house, writing lesson plans for the week, I, like most of you, am struggling to stay focused and fear my planning will be futile.  Okay, go ahead and say it, "SNOW DAY!!"  I know so many of my students are thinking it, but "be careful what you wish for," as the saying goes.  I just finished watching the latest weather report.  Meteorologists are using terms like, "historic blizzard," "hurricane force winds", and "snowfall rates of 2-4 inches per hour."  YIKES!  This latest (really first) storm of the season has been named, "Juno."  Okay my grade 7 history students; who is Juno?  Do you think this is really a fitting name for a blizzard?  Check out the latest from the Weather Channel.
On to those lesson plans, just in case the forecast is wrong.....You will be receiving the feedback on your assessment from last week.  If you did not take it yet, I will need you to do so during class one.  I have tweaked the organizers for your GH projects based on student feedback.  You will need to complete either a map or two-column note formatted organizer with your final decision on your project.  Once you have this complete, you will scan it and upload it to your book in Book Creator.  You will have some time to finish getting your book template ready if you were not able to do this earlier.   You will also need to finish creating and publish your initial post on your Genius Hour Projects page on your blogs.  If you should get all of this done, you should finish tweaking your blog designs, widgets, posts, etc....
I am afraid we will need to wait until next week to begin the research for your projects.
image link
This may not be "Juno", but I feel like she is saying "good bye" to this crazy winter storm for us all.  Maybe she can chase it away.   Whatever happens, please be safe and be smart!!
      ~Mrs. White :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged!