January 4, 2015

Welcome Back and Hello 2015!

Welcome back and Happy New Year to you all!  I hope you had a great break and are back ready to go!  I'm sure it will take a couple of days to get back in to the swing of things, but I must say I'm not ready to wait!  If you read my New Year's Day blog post, you will know I am very excited to get started on your Genius Hour projects.  I guess I am getting a little bit ahead of myself.  Before we go there, we need to do a little reviewing, reiterating, and cleaning up!
We will start off our first class back in 2015 with a Kahoot to review our blogging and commenting guidelines.  So get your iPads out and find your Qrafter app.  The QR code for Kahoot is at your workstations.  I will have the PIN code up on the board for you to join.
Next I will need you to find the resources for creating blog posts and using Google's advanced image search.  They are in your Workstation Resource Folders and in my post, and in my old post, Blog Post Two for Some.  You can use the search widget at the top of my blog to find it.  After you have reviewed these resources, I would like you to create your first post of 2015.  Remember to have a classmate edit your work before publishing.  Don't forget a post title and labels as well.
If you should finish publishing before class is done, work on your template and adding those widgets and gadgets.
During class two this week you will do some cleaning and organizing.  Please be sure to use the "Clean It Up" resource I have created for you.  It is important to stop and organize your digital life periodically, just as you need to clean out your lockers in school or bedrooms at home.  Please don't just stuff everything under your bed or in your closet!!!  You will want to be sure you have created and shared folders with all of your teachers.  I know we have done this earlier, but I also know there are still some of you who have not completed this task.  Our iPad workflow will depend on your organization!!!  There are resources for this in your Workstation Resource Folders as well.

image link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged!