March 16, 2015

Reflecting and "Springing" Ahead

As I sit working in the dark as the sun has not come up yet, I am taking a moment to reflect upon some of the amazing things students have accomplished so far this year.  I have seen so much improvement in my seventh graders. Last week they were the hardest workers I've seen yet. Generally speaking, they are taking more responsibility for their learning. In addition this past week Natasha took the initiative to find a way to quickly bookmark using our Diigo accounts on our iPads.  She discovered  "Diigo annotator for Safari" and shared her discovery with me which I am sharing with the rest of my students.  Thanks Natasha!  This is only one example of what my students have "taught" me this year!! Our Genius Hour Project progress has seemed slow and painful due to all of the interruptions Mother Nature has thrown our way.  I hope my students will pick up steam and really get moving with their projects.

We begin our final trimester of the school year this week. Student will not only continue working on their GHP's, but they will also take a pause to organize their digital lives by doing a little bit of "Spring Cleaning."  Speaking of spring, Friday it will make it's arrival.  There will most definitely be some cheering.  Unfortunately as we have seen, this is not guarantee our white and cold weather will come to an end, but we can most certainly hope so.  Saturday also marks an important day.  Twitter will turn 9, though there is some controversy as to it's true birthday.  Last year they launched a new tool on their birthday.  Who knows what this year will bring?!

Have a great week!  Think Spring!
   ~Mrs. White :)

image link






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged!