April 3, 2016

First Big Meeting

Well the calendar says April, but the weather feels more like February.   The forecast for the beginning of this week is a bit frigid.  Have you ever wondered about how often is snows in the spring in our area?  The Old Farmer's Almanac has a way for you to get that information. I was quite surprised by some of the information.  You may be too!  We have been talking about the many layers of community in our lives.  I saw this story over the weekend and it reminded me of our discussion.  See how one local business involved another local community.

Your long awaited group assignments have been made and will be announced during class one this week.  Take a moment to view the presentation I created to summarize your project.  Please remember we are treating this assignment the same way you would experience an assignment from your boss in the real world.  You wouldn't whine to your boss about who you have been told to work with in a group, so don't whine to me (I'm the boss!!!)  I have created some documents which have been designed to keep you on task and productive.  You will only have four class meetings to get this job done so you need to stay focused and on task. These projects must be completed before we leave for April Vacation.

By the way, if you are doing School Bell Schedule you may want to check out this source.

**On that note; if you are absent this week you must contact me before your next class so I can put you in touch with your group members.  They will fill you in on your task and the date of its completion.

image link



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged!