January 10, 2016

Keep the Conversation Going

What a crazy weather roller coaster we have been riding!!!  First it's warm, then freezing, and then pouring.  What's next?  Some say it has to do with global warming and others say it's the El Nino impact.  I'm not sure what it is,  but I am sure I don't know how to dress each day.  Do you think we will get any big snow storms this year?  I hope not.  I would like to end school in the middle of June instead of the end this year!!
Oh well, let's move on to some things that are in our control.  We have talked a lot about blogging, and compared it to "having a conversation."  How do you keep the "conversation" going?  In a word:  COMMENTING.  There is a protocol or guidelines for commenting.  Many of you probably feel as though you are experienced and seasoned at the art of commenting as you have a lot of practice in your social media settings.  However, I have found over the years students are not at all skilled in this art.  This week we will take a close up look at commenting.
We will start by using a cool collaboration tool known as back channeling.  We will use "Today's Meet" to host a group discussion of a slide show presentation on commenting.  This slide show can be found on Huzzah, a great blog.  While we are looking at the presentation I will be asking questions of the "room", but I will be doing it "virtually."  I have given you a QR code to access the room for this discussion.  I am very excited to review and discuss this presentation with you "behind the scenes."

Commenting PreAssessment Link

image link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged!