February 17, 2013

Here We Go Again....

February Vacation has officially begun (well it actually started at 2:45 p.m. on Friday!)  I am sitting at my computer watching the wind whip around the snow outside my window.  It is actually snowing sideways!!  I understand this won't be "Nemo II" the sequel, but high winds and measureable snow are forecasted for us.  Therefore I am scrambling to do anything requiring the use of electricity in the next couple of hours. 
Before we lose power, if we should lose power, I wanted to take a moment to comment on the excitement I was feeling in my lab before vacation.  I'm not talking about the, "vacation is almost here" excitement, but about the podcast script writing excitement.  My students are really taking this assignment seriously.  As I looked around during one of my classes I noticed students not only accessing sites which had come up in their searches, but also using Pinterest because they had created a "board" and "pinned" resources at home earlier!!!  One group was typing their script on their workstation and using a Kindle to bring up their pins.  The range of "How To's" for this podcasting series is wide and extremely interesting.  Students were up out of their seats pretending to swing baseball bats as their partners hastily keyboarded the sequence of moves.  It will be very exciting when we begin our recording and then move to editing.  I am sure my students will master Audacity quickly.  I am doubtful they will lose their enthusiasm over vacation.
I hope all of my hard working students enjoy this week off from school.  I know some are traveling while others are sitting at home watching these flakes soar sideways.  I will be thinking of them all if we lose power.  I remember how bored they were last weekend when Nemo took it away for a while. 
Let's keep our fingers crossed that we will stay "connected!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged!